Plan, direct and coordinate all shift activities through departmental staff for production operations in order to meet or exceed plant objectives and goals through efficient use of resources.Â Key responsibilities include: providing leadership; meeting production demands; continuous improvement; compliance with safety and policies and procedures.
- Plan, direct and coordinate production activities through department staff to meet stated objectives.
- Responsible for continuous improvement cost reductions to reach bottom line savings.
- Responsible for meeting objectives within departmental business plan.
- Achieve performance measures in critical success target areas of attainment, labor efficiency, indirect labor use, safety, and quality.
- Assures that safety and environmental standards, housekeeping and safe working environment are maintained and encouraged throughout the department.
- Reduce OSHA incident rates to levels consistent with, or better than, industry standards.
- Assure high standards of quality, through the reduction of internal defect rate and scrap.
- Directs, controls and maintains hourly workforce in areas of labor efficiency, associates relations and absenteeism.
- Operates the assigned shift within the budget along with cost reduction programs.
- Assures that communications are enhanced throughout the production environment concerning all aspects of the business.
- Provide leadership and developmental opportunities to hourly associates.
- 2 — 4 years of experience in a supervisory or technical role in injection molding.
- Four-year degree, or the equivalent in experience.
- Experience in training, directing, and coordinating the activities of others in a manufacturing environment.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- History of achievement, innovation, initiative, self-improvement, involvement and leadership.
- Positive associate relations approach and experience promoting teamwork.
- Good analytical and computer systems skills.
- Experience with “lean manufacturing” practices.
- High School Education and/or GED
- 3-4 yrs. Injection Molding
- Must complete all OSHA required training.
- Must show mechanical ability through Applied Assessments testing battery.
- Must show strong safety awareness and good housekeeping skills
- S. Diploma or GED required
**THE ABOVE IS A REPRESENTATION OF THE GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE DESCRIPTION.Â THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE MANAGEMENT TEAM.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer